We celebrated Lucy's 3rd Birthday last weekend. In June, she started telling us she wanted a ''cow cake'' that was red on the inside for her party. We decided to forgo the red inside (we thought that would be a little creepy), but I did manage to put to together a cake that at least looked somewhat like a cow. At least she was pleased with it. We ended up having a farm themed party in the backyard--based on the cow cake, of course.
One of the more popular features at the party was this top-of-the-line play barn we made out of an empty appliance box. It held up fairly well considering it was put together with a bunch of duct tape. The three year olds didn't seem to mind our shabby construction skills (they were too busy throwing popcorn at imaginary chickens).


5 comments:
first of all, quite the eclectic mix of music you guys got goin on here. Not to mention hilarious.
2nd, please tell me that picture is some like local park or something, and not just some kind of doctor's-wage, humungo backyard.
And that cake is awesome. You totally should have gone with the red velvet. Maybe put some little plastic surprises in there for them to find, like the occasional kidney or stomach. You know, like those cakes with like coins in them. Although, I guess if Uncle Ron can swallow a coin, perhaps serving something like that to 3-year-olds isn't the best idea.
Janine,
I snuck on your blog from Laura's. I hope that's ok. Your girls are adorable. I love the cow cake. What a nice mommy you are. I love your backyard. Is that your yard?
Janine,
It's Lori Emery. I found your blog through Suzanne's through Brie Williams. Long chain of events. Hope you guys are well. Always wondered where you would end up.
HELLO! Hi there, Nina (have to you know) - sooo good to 'see' you here in Virtual World! xoxo, Rachel
Janine, you are awesome. That cow cake is amazing! And your barn turned out great (we never built OUR kids a barn) You guys really go the extra mile. Your backyard looks amazing, by the way...
Post a Comment